The Academy Campus – At a Glance
The 18,000 square feet of buildings are comprised of:
- Meeting Facilities – a spacious gallery room, the Leonard Bernstein room, for conferences, performances, presentations, and trainings; warmly furnished workshop and meeting rooms, a high-tech media center, exhibit space, kitchen and dining areas, small breakout rooms and a large open-air patio suitable for meetings and gatherings.
- Contemplative Space – a dedicated circular meditation room for contemplative practices, teachings and ceremonies.
- Offices and Gallery – Academy business offices, conference room, Seton Gallery and Archives.
- Rooms for visiting faculty and an art studio.
The Academy Campus is a Gold LEED certified building and has been endorsed by the United States Green Building Council. The extensive array of ‘green’ features include geothermal heating and cooling, solar panels for hot water heating, photo-voltaic panels for the generation of electricity, rainwater harvesting, and grey and black water recycling systems for irrigation. The entire physical plant has been designed as an educational resource for sustainable building in Santa Fe, and the landscaping as a unique learning environment called the Learning Landscape.
- Landscaping is xeric with water provided from the roof runoff.
- A meditative garden was created from the architecturally significant remains of the original Seton Castle.
- The majority of the property remains in its natural state as open, green space that is accessible to the local community.
Take a Tour
We offer tours of our campus as a way to create more awareness of the Academy’s vision and the programs that we are developing. Our tours also address the unique and creative green design of the building and the incorporation of our Learning Landscape in the vision of our campus as a center for transformational learning.
Inquire about a campus and/or Learning Landscape tour:
Our campus is the home of the Academy and all of our programs with teachers, social leaders, organizations and community members. We do not yet offer the Academy Campus for rent for external use. However, we do partner with some other organizations whose missions are closely aligned with our own, and occasionally host events, meetings and workshops.
Inquire about facility use: