Clearing the Lens
Friday the 7th | 9:30am - 6:00 pm
Saturday the 8th | 9:30am - 4:30 pm
Saturday the 8th | 6:00pm - 8:00 pm
Sunday the 9th | 9:30am - 12:00 pm
The Namchak Foundation is pleased to offer this workshop in partnership with our friends at the Academy for the Love of Learning®. The Academy is focused on re-imagining and enlivening a shared understanding of learning as Engaged Awareness in Action (SM). We are especially excited about the way the Academy’s work highlights and enriches community, known as “Sangha” in Tibetan Buddhist practice.
We invite you to join us in exploring the ways we can cultivate awareness within ourselves and grow as we engage with those around us, ultimately living happier and more meaningful lives.
The workshop will be led by Aaron Stern, Founder and President of the Academy, and Marianne Murray, a member of the core faculty at the Academy. They will be joined by the Namchak Foundation’s founder Lama Tsomo who will share Tibetan Buddhist meditation practices during the workshop.
What you will experience in this workshop:
- Contemplative practices for individual and group learning.
- Awareness of unconscious patterns of thought and behavior, exploring how changing these patterns can reveal the possibility of greater choice.
- Creative forms for personal and shared reflection.
- Insight into personal approaches and beliefs about the roles of leading, teaching and supporting.
- June 7 | 9:30am – 6pm
- June 8 | 9:30am – 4:30pm; evening session from 6-8pm
- June 9 | 9:30am – 12pm
- $185 general admission
- $100 for first time students
- $100 for students and seniors 65+
- Our intention is to make this workshop accessible to all. If the program costs present a financial barrier, please contact email@example.com.Stipends to help offset the cost of childcare are also available.
About the Teachers
Marianne Murray is a member of the core faculty at the Academy for the Love of Learning® and has been involved with the development of the core curriculum. She has a PhD in Transformative Learning from California Institute of Integral Studies, as well as MAs in Transpersonal Psychology and Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy.
Lama Tsomo is an American lama, author, and co-founder of the Namchak Foundation and Namchak Retreat Ranch. Under the tutelage of Tulku Sangak Rinpoche, international holder of the Namchak lineage, Lama Tsomo has held spiritual retreats in the U.S. and abroad. Today, she is dedicated to sharing the teachings of the Namchak lineage with Western students, bringing greater happiness and meaning to life through meditation practice and community.
About Namchak Foundation
Namchak brings ancient meditation practices to modern life through online learning, in-person retreats, and a vibrant community guided by Tibetan masters and Western teachers. We support students on every step of the path, from those exploring mindfulness for the first time to more experienced students looking to deepen their practice. We offer a variety of learning programs, including in-person teaching, small group learning, online courses, and residential retreats at the soon-to-be established Namchak Retreat Ranch in Western Montana.
LocationInternational House 2299 Piedmont Avenue Berkeley, CA 94720
Request more information
To learn more about Clearing the Lens use the form below to contact The Academy.