The Power in Story Exploration (Intensive 2 of 3)
Friday the 28th | 5:30pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday the 29th | 9:00am - 8:00 pm
Sunday the 30th | 9:00am - 4:00 pm
Stories have the power to help us understand ourselves and others. Stories help us find our way. Our identities, our relationships, our communities, and even large social systems, all revolve around unifying and fundamental stories that have grown within us, and into which we have grown. Stories can persuade, activate, motivate, and instruct but, above all, through story we can learn and transform. Through the series we will look at story as it lives in self, group and community, and the larger systems in which we are all situated, building on each intensive and deepening our capacities as we go. Series participants will be supported in the application of their learnings through group video conference calls following the Intensives 1 and 2.
Registration for Intensive 3 is a separate listing. Sign up for Intensive 3 here.
Intensive 2 is an exploration of the group’s story: looking collaboratively into themes, patterns, and what is the thread of learning that is revealed as we look at our shared journey. Through practices and exercises, reflection and finding meaning in the direct experience of group story work we will consider the ethics and sensitivity necessary in the gathering and sharing of stories. Intensive 2 a follow-up to Intensive 1.
MORE ABOUT THE POWER IN STORY SERIES
Throughout the series we explore:
- What is the power in story?
- How can we own our own story, and dwell in it, and come to know ourselves through it?
- There is great stability in the learning spirit. How do we keep that spirit alive in ourselves as we open to others’ stories?
- What is the thread of learning within community? How do we enliven that thread ethically through story?
- As we witness and participate in the movements and changes impacting our community and our planet, what holds us as the story changes?
SCHEDULE FOR INTENSIVES
Friday, March 1st, 5:30pm – Sunday, March 3rd, 4pm
Friday, May 3rd, 5:30pm – Sunday, May 5th, 4pm
Follow Up Zoom for Intensive 1
May 29th at 10am MT
Friday, June 28th, 5:30pm – Sunday, June 30th, 4pm
Follow Up Zoom for Intensive 2
September 4th at 10am MT
Friday, September 27th, 5:30pm – Sunday, September 29th, 4pm
Sign up for Intensive 3 here
Includes: Full workshop, two lunches and two dinners. Does not include lodging.
Discount: Current and former EOL cohort members and their family members may use promo code EOL Story for 20% off of The Power in Story workshop registration.
- Early bird registration for Intensive 2 is April 5th – $400
- Regular registration – $425
- Early bird registration for Intensive 2 is April 5th – $550
- Regular registration – $575
- Three nights accommodation
- Double occupancy
- Extra nights: please indicate if you would like to stay at the Academy for any extra nights ($50 double occupancy; $80/night single occupancy)
LocationAcademy Campus in Seton Village
Request more information
To learn more about The Power in Story Exploration (Intensive 2 of 3) use the form below to contact The Academy.