The Strength in Choice: Heart of Action Series
Facilitator: Marianne Murray
For more information contact: Patty Nagle
How do you make decisions and choose your path through the complexity of life …
How do you listen to your own ‘guidance system’?
What can be learned from not knowing?
Can a conscious practice of discernment bring inner strength and alignment?
We are constantly in processes of choosing: discerning between one action and another; making choices that subtly or profoundly impact the course of our lives – and the lives of others. Who are we in our day-to-day decision-making? How much choice do we truly give ourselves? How often do we simply follow old habits and overlook parts of ourselves that long to be known?
Join us for a day of exploration and reflection about the ways in which we approach choice. This highly experiential workshop provides an opportunity to slow down so that we can see our relationship to the questions that are active in our lives. We learn to see more of who we are as we consider our choices and how we find alignment and strength through the process of clear discernment.
During the course of the workshop, you will:
- Consider a variety of frameworks through which to perceive decision-making and understand choice, as it is relevant to your life.
- Listen to the richness of the questions themselves, and how they live in you.
- Experience a variety of methods for deepening understanding and insight.
- Explore creative tension and your relationship to ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Learn to recognize inner alignment in relation to action, or non-action.
- Identify a practice to support your capacity for discernment.
The Heart of Action workshops are participatory and invite the unexpected. The Academy’s transformative learning model, which is the ‘backbone’ of all our community workshops, includes experiential processes, small and large group discussion, art and movement, as well as time for reflection and journaling.
This workshop is for anyone, but with a focus on people working in social benefit organizations and individuals seeking personal development.
Request more information
To learn more about The Strength in Choice: Heart of Action Series use the form below to contact The Academy.