The Power in Story Exploration (March Intensive 1 of 3)
Friday the 1st | 5:30pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday the 2nd | 9:00am - 8:00 pm
Sunday the 3rd | 9:00am - 4:00 pm
Stories have the power to help us understand ourselves and others. Stories help us find our way. Our identities, our relationships, our communities, and even large social systems, all revolve around unifying and fundamental stories that have grown within us, and into which we have grown. Stories can persuade, activate, motivate, and instruct but, above all, through story we can learn and transform. Through the series we will look at story as it lives in self, group and community, and the larger systems in which we are all situated, building on each intensive and deepening our capacities as we go. Series participants will be supported in the application of their learnings through group video conference calls following the Intensives 1 and 2. Sign up and registration for Intensive 2 is a separate listing.
Intensive 1 can be taken as a stand-alone workshop and is a pre-requisite for the following Intensive 2. Intensive 1 will be offered in both March and May.
- Friday, March 1st, 5:30pm – Sunday, March 3rd, 4pm
- Friday, May 3rd, 5:30pm – Sunday, May 5th, 4pm
We will be exploring how, as story practitioners, we can find the learning thread in ourselves, through our own story, and come to know it clearly. This clarity will enhance our story work in community and how we support others in finding the thread in their own story. At the end of this intensive you will know how story lives in you individually and have a greater understanding of the underlying forces of story and its transformational potential. This can help to advance your story work practice and/or lead to more sanity and stability in your own life.
MORE ABOUT THE POWER IN STORY SERIES
Throughout the series we explore:
- What is the power in story?
- How can we own our own story, and dwell in it, and come to know ourselves through it?
- There is great stability in the learning spirit. How do we keep that spirit alive in ourselves as we open to others’ stories?
- What is the thread of learning within community? How do we enliven that thread ethically through story?
- As we witness and participate in the movements and changes impacting our community and our planet, what holds us as the story changes?
Schedule for Intensives
Friday, March 1st, 5:30pm – Sunday, March 3rd, 4pm
Friday, May 3rd, 5:30pm – Sunday, May 5th, 4pm
Follow Up Zoom for Intensive 1
May 29th at 10am MT
Friday, June 28th, 5:30pm – Sunday, June 30th, 4pm
Follow Up Zoom for Intensive 2
September 4th at 10am MT
Friday, September 27th, 5:30pm – Sunday, September 29th, 4pm
Includes: Full workshop, two lunches and two dinners. Does not include lodging.
Discount: Current and former EOL cohort members and their family members may use promo code EOL Story for 20% off of The Power in Story workshop registration.
- Early bird registration for Intensive 1 is February 8th and Intensive 2 is April 5th – $400
- Regular registration – $425
- Early bird registration for Intensive 1 is February 8th and Intensive 2 is April 5th – $550
- Regular registration – $575
- Three nights accommodation
- Double occupancy
- Extra nights: please indicate if you would like to stay at the Academy for any extra nights ($50 double occupancy; $80/night single occupancy)
LocationAcademy Campus in Seton Village
Request more information
To learn more about The Power in Story Exploration (March Intensive 1 of 3) use the form below to contact The Academy.